Yesterday, while cooking Easter dinner, Husband went on a cleaning binge. This happens when he gets it in his head to clean everything he sees. It started with vacuuming the floors (which needed to be done) then moved onto washing door frames, starting laundry, tackling the cork board and ledge in from of it and attempting to figure out how to clean the stove (which if you remember, we were USING!). I had to tell him to knock it off and help me.
Anyway, earlier in the day, I had been thinking of clearing of the cork board and ledge in front. The ledge, is actually the back of the fireplace and gets grimy due to it's proximity to the stove. On it were old bottles some one thought were neat, some odd knickknacks given to us somewhere along the line and a few kids projects. Husband and I decided some of the knickknacks there were just too battered could go, along with the bottles. The cork board, we organized and tossed about 8 takeout menus (from places that are no longer operational, we've been to once, or that are just too far of a drive to call and get takeout - they followed us from out old home 7 years ago!). We also threw away a handful of business cards from a furniture store no longer open and various landscapers who wanted to charge us an arm in a leg for work (I've finally found one in our price range which will probably be out go-to guy!). It now contains a few menus of places we actually visit and some real recent children's artwork.
Unfortunately, it happened to fast, and I couldn't get any before pictures. I'll post an after picture later, along with most of the missing pictures from my other threads (sorry!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment